Read aloud w/ Student Participation + STEAM-Friendly writing & Art ActivitiesActivity
Choose a follow-up:
- ICE CREAM CHALLENGE: Kids will help create a 26-scoop ice cream cone!
- MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK: Explore the path from idea to book.
- WHERE DO STORIES COME FROM? How to come up with and research ideas for stories.
- DRAW YOUR DREAM. Gus dreamed of becoming a cook. Draw a picture of your dream.
- WRITE A BIO: Augustus Jackson was a confectioner, inventor and entrepreneur. Is there another historical figure whom you admire? Tell us about him or her.
- INVENT A NEW ICE CREAM FLAVOR. Kids will draw a picture of their new creation.