Hello, I'm Kim!
Kim Freeman is a children’s book writer in Bloomington, Indiana, who enjoys writing books that inspire children to follow their dreams. I also offer a variety of presentations both in-person and via Zoom.
Author Visits with STEM-Friendly & Art Activities
SPEND TIME WITH KIM FREEMAN
- In-person or Zoom: Read aloud w/ Student Participation & STEAM-Friendly Activity.
- Read Aloud and Ice Cream Making Session
- … and more!
Some topics for activities:
- ICE CREAM CHALLENGE: Kids will help create a 26-scoop ice cream cone!
- MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK: Explore the path from idea to book.
- WHERE DO STORIES COME FROM? How to come up with and research ideas for stories.
- DRAW YOUR DREAM. Gus dreamed of becoming a cook. Draw a picture of your dream.
- WRITE A BIO: Augustus Jackson was a confectioner, inventor and entrepreneur. Is there another historical figure whom you admire? Tell us about him or her.
- INVENT A NEW ICE CREAM FLAVOR. Kids will draw a picture of their new creation.
My New Book
Inspirations for Writers
These are a couple of inspirational quotes for writers. You can see a whole collection here.
Favorite Picture Books
I love writing picture books! I also enjoy reading them. Each month, I will share some of my favorite picture books with you.
Subscribe to my Blog
Sign up to get my latest book reviews, activities & news!
When I’m not writing, I like to relax by photographing beautiful animals.